Hello Darlings! I hope you have a lovely day! ;)
Today I want to share with you my experience with eyelashes extensions and tell you what I think about them.
I had eyelashes extensions for about a year and I can absolutely tell you that I liked it!
Of course as almost in every matter there are some pros and cons.
What are eyelashes extensions :
It is a technique where the specialist glues one synthetic lash on your one natural lash. And yes, the important part is that it must really be applied one by one, so that lashes are completely separate and look absolutely natural! This procedure lasts for about 2 hours for the first time and then for about an hour each time you do them to maintain the effect. You can make them as long as you want, I was mainly asking to make me 12mm and I think - the thicker the better! :) You need to go back to salon every month and redo them because your lashes naturally renew themselves and new ones grow...
- Let me first tell you about the positive and great side of eyelashes extensions.
Well, first of all, it looks absolutely amazing and beautiful, your lashes are unbelievably long and cute and it looks so natural that everybody thinks that the nature granted you this amazing gift! When I first started to make them, I felt like if I blink my eyes quickly, I will just start to fly :) It's such a beautiful effect!
- Second great thing about them is that you protect your gentle eye area. Let me explain : you don't really need mascara any more! You lashes look so great, long and real, that you can forget about applying tons of mascara, which is also great for taking away the makeup - you don't rub your eye area as we would do when we remove mascara, so the gentle skin around your eyes stays almost intact.
- Another amazing thing is that in the morning you look like a barbie doll without any makeup on, I mean you look a lot more awake, attractive and cute with long and thick eyelashes right?! ;)
- When you blink your eyes - everyone is noticing, I mean I received loads of compliments how beautiful my eyes are and, honestly, I wasn't necessarily wanting to reveal all my secrets so I would just say : 'Oh, thanks' :) (instead of starting to explain: 'Oh you know, those are extensions….')
- Eyelashes extensions look absolutely natural and cute, there is no doubt, you look natural and it's very different from wearing false eyelashes, when the finished look often looks obviously fake!
- Another plus of this beauty treatment is that you can stop buying mascara, you already look great without it!
Now let's talk about some inconvenient things that you can meet wearing eyelashes extensions:
- You need to maintain them once a month and those who are concerned by the price : it costs approximately 150 euros to do them the first time and about 60 euros every month to maintain them.
- You can't sleep on your face, I mean you can't sleep on your eyelashes extensions which can be a positive thing actually and make you develop new good habits (like sleeping on your back), because sleeping on your face is anyway not good for your appearance.
- You can't really apply bunches of mascara on your lashes for this super dramatic look that we girls sometime want, because it will clog the roots of your lashes and it's difficult to take mascara away without damaging your extensions. If you still want some mascara on your lashes you can occasionally apply it to the ends of lashes but not to the roots!
- You can't use oil based makeup remover, because the glue of extensions can melt with it and they can fall off :)... which also means you can't really wear waterproof eye makeup, because you won't be able to remove it. :)
Now lets talk about controversial question if eyelashes extensions damage your real lashes or no?
When I took away my eyelashes extensions after wearing them for almost a year, I was shocked at first, because my own lashes looked about two times shorter than before…this is when I thought that this process is damaging and that I destroyed my natural lashes which were quite long even naturally and ok looking before. Now they became very short and when I tried to apply mascara, it looked just ridiculous ( short lashes with mascara on looked shockingly unattractive to me!)
But then, after about 4 or 5 days, my eyelashes grew normal again and looked exactly the same as before eyelashes extensions experience…and this was because when you regularly make extensions, your natural lashes renew themselves as usual and so my lashes didn't have time yet to grow, but in 5 days it all went back as before, so that I think that the eyelashes extensions don't really damage your real lashes, because to me right now (after about a week of no extensions) my natural lashes look exactly the same as before all this extensions story.
So will I make extensions again? I think that yes, because nothing can really compare to the long lashes on your eyes which look like butterflies :)
I hope you found something interesting for yourself in my experience,
Have a great and beautiful day,
And talk soon ;) xo
PS : Today I made pictures for you to show how my lashes look now without extensions, just with mascara on :
|Now after eyelashes extensions my lashes look pretty well again :) and this 'back on track' happened in 5 days.|
Please let me know your thoughts about this subject in the comment section.