In this post I'm wearing lovely black dress thanks to www.oasap.com.
When I think about 'little black dress' I directly associate it with Coco Chanel, who is an absolute fashion legend and amazing inspiration.
Now I would like to share with you 10 random facts about her.
1) Did you know that Coco Chanel was named one of the 100 most influential people in 20th century?(...and she was the only fashion designer among nominated people).
2) She started her empire as a hobby.
Chanel started to design hats for parisian women and caught big attention by her original designs. You see how important it is to do what you love and to love what you do, because if you are really passionate about something - then you are likely to succeed.
3) Coco Chanel considered hotel Ritz in Paris - her home. She stayed there for about 30 years and it was rumored that german officer (who was her lover) arranged it for her.
4) It is said that 5 was Chanel's lucky number and the famous perfume Chanel N°5 is still very popular. Some sources say that one bottle of this perfume is sold every 30 seconds. It was also the first perfume ever to mix natural and artificial essences.
5) Chanel invented the “Little Black Dress” in 1926, this dress was called by French Vogue - “Chanel’s Ford” because Vogue editors predicted it would “become sort of a uniform for all women of taste.”
6) The real name of Coco Chanel is Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel. ( The word 'Bonheur' in translated from French as 'happiness').
7) Another fact about Coco Chanel is that she never got married and never had children, even though she was the mistress of some of the most influential men of her time.
8) Coco Chanel never owned her perfume brand entirely. At first she received only 10% of the profit of the business. Although with the time her share increased, she never was able to completely appropriate "Parfums Chanel".
9) At the young age Coco Chanel aspired to become a singer and tried to find a performing job in concert halls, theaters and cafés, but after failing to find it many times, she realized that serious stage career was not in her future.
10) Chanel dated the Duke of Westminster for a long time, but they didn't marry. When she was asked why she did not marry the Duke of Westminster, she said : "There have been several Duchesses of Westminster. There is only one Chanel."
So, Coco Chanel will always be the true fashion legend and inspiration,
Thank you very much for reading ;)
Have a great day ;) xoxo's
Dress - www.oasap.com
Jewelry - Topshop